|CellDesigner 2.5||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later) on
- Windows (98 or later)
- MacOSX (10.3 or later)
- Linux with X Window System (Fedora Core 4 or later)
* On MacOSX, Java 1.4.2_05 or later is required.
* On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later).
The installer includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of editing models can be performed.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
Please check http://sbw.kgi.edu/ and download the software from Downloads section.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
Note: SBW Linux version
As for CellDesigner Linux version, its installer can detect the SBW library which has been installed into the default path prompted by the SBW installer. The default path of SBW is the user home directory ($HOME/SBW/lib) . If you change the default path of SBW, make sure you set the right path when you install CellDesigner.
- (*) As of July, 2005, SBW 2.3.1a is available for Windows. SBW 2.3.0 is available for Mac OS X and Linux. For details on SBW 2.3.x information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
Note: While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.
- Windows: CDInstall_2_5_win.exe
- MacOSX: CDInstall_2_5_mac.zip
- Linux: CDInstall_2_5_linux.bin