- Current version is CellDesigner 4.4.2 (released May 20, 2019) (Mac Installer update Mar, 2020)
Ver.4.4.2 macOS Catalina and Ubuntu 18.04 support + Plugin APIs enhances + BioModels new API support + Garuda enabled + bug fixes.
You do not have to install JVM separately as it is included in the installer.
For Windows 10 installation
If you have a trouble launching CellDesigner after installation,
* Copy "msvcp110.dll" and "msvcr100.dll" which is located under
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CellDesigner4.4\Microsoft.CV110.CRT"
to "C:\Program Files (x86)\CellDesigner4.4\"
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.6.0 or later).
- Windows 32bit, 64bit*
- MacOSX (10.9 or later) 32 bit, 64bit**
- Linux with X Window System(Fedora 4 or later on 32bit, Ubuntu 14.04 or later on 64bit) ***
* (Windows) We have tested 32bit version on Windows XP, and 64bit version on Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro.
** (macOS) We have tested 64bit version on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave 10.14.3.
*** (Linux) We have tested 32bit version on Ubuntu 14.04, and 64bit version on CentOS 6.10, Fedora Workstation 28, 30, Ubuntu 14.04 and 18.04.2.
*** On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Ubuntu 14.04 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
The installer for Windows and Linux includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment 1.6), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
JRE is not included in Mac OS X Mavericks, so CellDesigner will ask you to install JRE (or JDK) on your system. Please follow the instruction from CellDesigner.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules will be available from CellDesigner. Especially time evolving simulation of the model being edited can be performed.
If you want to use Copasi (http://www.copasi.org) as an alternative solver on Windows, please download "Visual Studio 2010 runtime (Visual C++ 2010 runtime)" to use Copasi from CellDesigner.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of Feb 2012, SBW 2.9.0 is available for Windows, MacOSX and Linux. For details on SBW information: http://sbw.sourceforge.net/
- (**) Note: In case you have installed SBW 2.7.6 or later, and you encounter an error while installing CellDesigner, there might be a possibility that the C++ Broker is up which prevents CellDesigner to start. Please try to kill the broker using the Task Manager, or restart your system before you resume the CellDesigner installation.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows 64bit: CellDesigner-442-windows-x64-installer.exe
- Windows 32bit: CellDesigner-442-windows-installer.exe
- macOS: CellDesigner-4.4.2-osx-installer.dmg
- Linux 64bit: CellDesigner-4.4.2-linux-x64-installer.run
- Linux 32bit: CellDesigner-4.4.2-linux-installer.run
* While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.