|CellDesigner 4.2 (released Oct 5, 2011)||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
CellDesigner 4.2 is supporting Reduced Notation Support + Simulation Parameter Polymorphism + bug fixes etc.
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.5.0 or later).
The installer includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment Version 1.6), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
- Windows (XP or later) 32bit only*
- MacOSX (10.5 or later) 32 bit, 64bit**
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later) ***
*On Windows Vista and 7, the installer is for 32 bit version. Please install CellDesigner onto 32bit mode.
*On Mac OSX, there are separate installers available for OSX 10.5 (for JRE1.5) and OSX 10.6 (for JRE1.6).
*On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of the model being edited can be performed.
If you want to use Copasi (http://www.copasi.org) as an alternative solver on Windows, please download "Visual Studio 2010 runtime (Visual C++ 2010 runtime)" to use Copasi from CellDesigner.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of March 2011, SBW 2.8.2 is available for Windows, 2.7.10 for MacOSX and Linux. For details on SBW information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm
- (**) Note: In case you have installed SBW 2.7.6 or later, and you encounter an error while installing CellDesigner, there might be a possibility that the C++ Broker is up which prevents CellDesigner to start. Please try to kill the broker using the Task Manager, or restart your system before you resume the CellDesigner installation.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows: CellDesigner-4.2-windows-installer.exe
- MacOSX (10.5): CellDesigner-4.2-osx-10.5-installer.dmg
- MacOSX (10.6): CellDesigner-4.2-osx-10.6-installer.dmg
- Linux: CellDesigner-4.2-linux-installer.bin
* While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.
* How to install CellDesigner4.2 on 64bit Linux (2011/10/15)
1. Install "LSB (Linux Standard Bas)" if not installed on your system
2. Install "ia32-libs" if not installed on your system
3. Launch CellDesigner4.2-Installer with following command:
installer.bin --mode xwindow