|CellDesigner 4.0beta||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
CellDesigner 4.0 beta is the new Graphical Notation version, based on SBGN Level 1 draft.
there are several new features and changes in CellDesigner 4.0 beta.
* Please note that this is the beta version, newly implemented features may not be fully functional.
* If you create/edit a file with this beta version, your model will not be able to open with the lower version of CellDesigner.
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.5.0 or later) on
- Windows (2000 or later)*
- MacOSX (10.4 or later)**
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later) ***
*On WIndows, we have not support "VISTA" for this version.
**On MacOSX, we have not tested "Leopard" for this version as of Dec 7th 2007
*** On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
The installer includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of editing models can be performed.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of Oct 2007, SBW 2.7.0 are available. For details on SBW information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows: CellDesigner-40beta-windows-installer.exe
- MacOSX: CellDesigner-4.0beta-osx-installer.zip
- Linux: CellDesigner-4.0beta-linux-installer.bin
* While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.
"Javaw.exe - entry point not found."
This error occurs when you have installed different libsbml on your Windows.
Both CellDesigner 3.5.2 and 4.0beta uses libsbml-2.3.4. To solve this problem, there are 2 ways as follows:
- 1. Uninstall libsbml
This might work, but it may cause a problem if you have a software tool which requires that version of libsbml.
- 2. Modify the registry on your Windows as follows:
(Set the value of SafeDllSearchMode to 0)
If both of them didn't work for you, please also check whether you have xerces-c_2_7.dll under C:\Windows\systems32. If so, please remove the dll and restart CellDesigner. This might cause a problem sometimes (I don't know why, but there was a feedback from a user who have installed different xerces-c_2_7.dll which caused a crash on CellDesigner).