|CellDesigner 4.1 (released June 30, 2010)||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
CellDesigner 4.1 is supporting SBML Level 2 Version 4 Support (MIRIAM annotation), BioPAX Level3 Export, + SABIO-RK Integration etc.
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.5.0 or later) on
- Windows (XP or later) 32bit only*
- MacOSX (10.5 or later) 32 bit, 64bit**
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later) ***
**On Windows Vista and 7, the installer is for 32 bit version.
**On Mac OS X 10.5 or later, Java 1.5.0_03 or later is required
*** On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
The installer includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment Version 6), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of the model being edited can be performed.
If you want to use Copasi (http://www.copasi.org) as an alternative solver, refer to Startup Guide (Sections 10) for setup.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of May 2010, SBW 2.8.0 is available for Windows, 2.7.10 for MacOSX and Linux. For details on SBW information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm
- (**) Note: In case you have installed SBW 2.7.6 or later, and you encounter an error while installing CellDesigner, there might be a possibility that the C++ Broker is up which prevents CellDesigner to start. Please try to kill the broker using the Task Manager, or restart your system before you resume the CellDesigner installation.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows: CellDesigner-4.1-windows-installer.exe
- MacOSX: CellDesigner-4.1-osx-installer.zip
- Linux: CellDesigner-4.1-linux-installer.bin
* While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.