|CellDesigner 3.5||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later) on
- Windows (2000 or later)
- MacOSX (10.3 or later)*
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later) **
* On MacOSX 10.4 or later, Java 1.5.0_03 or later is required.
* On MacOSX 10.3, Java 1.4.2_05 or later is required.
** On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
The installer includes JRE (Java Runtime Environment), so you do not have to install Java before your installation.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of editing models can be performed.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of Nov., 2006, SBW 2.6.0 (for Windows) 2.5.5 (for Mac, Linux) are available. For details on SBW information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows: CellDesigner-35-windows-installer.exe
- MacOSX: CellDesigner-3.5-osx-installer.zip / CellDesigner-3.5-panther-osx-installer.zip (for MacOSX 10.3)
- Linux: CellDesigner-3.5-linux-installer.bin
* While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.