Note: This version is preview only.
The intention of this preview release is to provide you with a feel of a new notation that enhanced previous process diagram into gene and RNA, as well as protein complex structures. Please note that functions of this preview version is substantially restricted as the sole purpose of the alpha release is to show the new notation. Version 3.0 implements most part of notations described in Kitano, et al., "Using process diagram for the graphical representation of biological networks," Nature Biotechnology, August 2005.
(*The examples in the above paper are included as the sample files of this preview version.)
* For any serious work, please use on-going CellDesigner 2.2 (or 2.5 which will be released shortly.)
|CellDesigner 3.0 alpha||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later) on
- Windows (98 or later)
- MacOSX (10.3 or later)
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later)
* On MacOSX, Java 1.4.2_05 or later is required.
* On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of editing models can be performed.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of July., 2005, SBW 2.3.1a is available for Windows. SBW 2.3.0 is available for Mac OS X and Linux. For details on SBW 2.3.x information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
Note: While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.
- Windows: CDInstall_3_0a_win.exe
- MacOSX: CDInstall_3_0a_mac.zip
- Linux: CDInstall_3_0a_linux.bin