|CellDesigner 3.0||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later) on
- Windows (98 or later)
- MacOSX (10.3 or later)
- Linux with X Window System ( Fedora Core 4 or later)
* On MacOSX, Java 1.4.2_05 or later is required.
* On Linux platform, due to the version of native libraries, Fedora Core 4 or later is recommended; some problems will arise if you use other than these.
If SBW and its modules have already been installed, these modules are available. Especially time evolving simulation of editing models can be performed.
Note: If you have the older version of libsbml installed, it might cause some trouble in running simulation. Please remove the older version of libsbml first, then install CellDesigner.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
- (*) As of July., 2005, SBW 2.3.1a is available for Windows. SBW 2.3.0 is available for Mac OS X and Linux. For details on SBW 2.3.x information: http://sys-bio.org/research/sbwIntro.htm.
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
Note: While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers include it. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE.
- Windows: CDInstall_3_0_win.exe
- MacOSX: CDInstall_3_0_mac.zip
- Linux: CDInstall_3_0_linux.bin