Note: If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
|CellDesigner 2.1||download from here in systems-biology.org.|
|SBW.SBW Modules||download from http://www.sbw-sbml.org/|
The current version of CellDesigner requires Java2 Runtime Environment (JRE1.4.2 or later) on
- Windows (98 or later)
- MacOSX (10.3 or later)
- Linux with X Window System
* On MacOSX, Java 1.4.2_05 or later is required.
* On Linux platform, running under twm and windowmaker window managers is recommended; some problems will arise if you use window environments other than these.
1. Install SBW and SBW modules
If you are interested in time evolving simulation and analysis on biochemical networks, we recommend you to install the Systems Biology Workbench (SBW) and SBW-powered software before you install CellDesigner.
If you would like to use CellDesigner alone right now, you can postpone this step until you need simulation and/or analysis.
To install SBW and SBW-powered software, follow their installation instructions.
Note: SBW Linux version
As for CellDesigner Linux version, its installer can detect the SBW library which has been installed into the default path prompted by the SBW installer. The default path of SBW is the user home directory ($HOME/SBW/lib) . If you change the default path of SBW, make sure you set the right path when you install CellDesigner.
- (*) SBW 2.0 is available on Windows. SBW 1.0.5 is available on Linux. For details on SBW 2.0 information:
2. Install CellDesigner
Download the one for your operating system and follow instructions provided in 00READEME.txt or Startup Guide to install CellDesigner for each environment.
The current release is distributed in archived installer package for each operating system.
- Windows: CDInstall_2_1_win.exe, Setup_SBW_1_modules.exe (*)
- MacOSX: CDInstall_2_1_mac.zip
- Linux: CDInstall_2_1_linux.bin
Note: While J2RE is required for CellDesigner to run, the installers for Windows and Linux include it, and MacOSX has a Java runtime environment initially. Therefore, you do not need to download or install J2RE. (If you installed SBW, you have already had it anyway.)
- (*) Setup_SBW_1_modules.exe is to setup the SBW modules that CellDesigner uses.